Site Selection for the Dynamic Plastics Industry by David Hickey
David Hickey, H&A Managing Director, was recently featured in Trade & Industry Development magazine unpacking the intricacies of site selection through the lens of the plastics industry. Hickey discusses the key contributing factors decision makers should be aware of and understand when developing a location strategy.
- American plastics industry accounts for 954,000 jobs and $414.4 billion in shipments annually.
- Services sector accounts from more than one-third of the industry’s downstream consumption (according to a PLASTICS study).
- Workforce availability is the most critical factor when developing a location strategy.
- Rhode Island and Indiana are among leading US states with plastics industry specific workforce development training initiatives.
- 100 million tons of plastic resins are moved annually via freight rail
- Economic development incentive opportunities for the plastics industry can come from multiple levels of government, including federal, state and local jurisdictions, utilities, regional authorities, and other relevant entities
To enjoy the article in full, please visit the T&I website: Site Selection for the Dynamic Plastics Industry.