H&A’s Managing Director, David Hickey, was a featured judge on Business Facilities 2018 Deal of the Year Award Panel. This panel examined several corporate real estate deals that occurred in 2018 ranging from Bronze Medal winners Michigan Development Corp.’s Michigan Central Station Ford Detroit Redevelopment Project, a $738-million initiative to transform the iconic Central Station Depot into the centerpiece of Ford’s new 1.2 million-square-feet campus and mobility hub, the Silver Medal award to the Alabama Department of Commerce for the $1.6-billion Mazda-Toyota automotive assembly plant, a project that will create 4,000 new jobs, and finally Empire State Development and the Virginia Economic Development Partnership, dual winners of Amazon’s massive HQ2 project.
Other honorable mentions include:
- Consumers Energy for the Spartan Michigan dairy processing facility
- Ignite Fredericton for the Cyber Park
- Gilbert AZ Office of Economic Development for the Deloitte U.S. Delivery Center
- Tennessee Department of Economic and Community Development for Amazon’s Operations Center of Excellence in Nashville
- Baytown, TX and Chambers County, TX for the JSW Steel (USA) expansion
- Opportunities New Brunswick for TD Bank Group Shared Services Center
- Irving, TX Economic Development Partnership and Greater Irving-Las Colinas Chamber of Commerce for the Pei Wei Asian Diner Corporate Headquarters
- Economic Development of St. Lucie County, FL for the Maverick Boat Group project
- Henrico County VA Economic Development Authority for the Facebook Data Center
- Rhode Island Commerce Corp. for the Amgen project
Business Facilities is a national publication that has been the leading location source for corporate site selectors and economic development professionals for more than 50 years.