INCENTIVES ALERT: EU leaders approve historic €750B recovery package

EU leaders approve historic €750B recovery package

Agreement to provide €390B in grants and €360B in low-interest loans

Following a marathon debate of European Union (EU) leaders, negotiations concluded with an agreement to deliver a €750B recovery package.

After tense discussions among bloc leaders, which lasted more than 90 hours, bloc officials agreed on €390B in grants and €360B in low-interest loans. Funding for the plan will be borrowed on international capital markets.

The support package is geared to deliver a maximum economic stimulus impact. Approximately 70% of grant funding will be targeted for expenditure in 2021 and 2022. The remaining 30% to then be spent by 2023.

Below is a snapshot of the €750B funding allocation:

The historic recovery agreement will move next to the European Parliament to hammer our the details. In addition to the recovery package, leaders also approved a €1.07T EU budget for programmatic funding over the next 7 years.  Additional information on the funding package and budget agreement can be found on the European Council website.

For additional information on this recovery package, along with updates around the world, sign up to receive alerts today!


 

—DCI CODE—